Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We're Back

Ellie and I decided to head up to our cabin last Wednesday with my Mom. After stopping to have lunch with my Aunt Char in cedar at the pizza factory, running a few errands, and doing some shopping we finally made it up the mountain. That night Ellie enjoyed some Corn on the Cob for dinner!
The next day we met Kellie and Stephen for lunch in Cedar and bought a new backdoor for the cabin. Ryker and Ellie loved roaming Home Depot and driving the cart around the store. I took some pics on my phone, but can't get them uploaded to the blog.The rest of the weekend was filled with....

Ryker giving the best looks, I wish I could have captured his looking at you from the corner of his eye look

Ryker and Ellie watching Baby Einstein (ryker would get bored pretty quickly and then ellie would get mad that he wanted to play with her and not just watch the movie)Ellie tried out a few new hair styles, the pigtails were cute til she pulled them out...Birthday cake, yes I know, that is a lot of smoke coming off the cake!!And my new camera!! We got a bigger camera for Christmas last year, but it is just to big to carry around all the time, so Brady got me the smallest camera possible to leave in my purse! YEA! I was so excited and can't wait to try it out.

Apparently 30 didn't treat my body well, I went for a 5 mile run Sunday morning at the cabin and I am just starting to feel better. The reason why I am just posting. I some how managed to catch a cold that turned into the flu. Not exactly the way I planned it, but I guess thats what happens when you get OLD!

5 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Glad you had a great birthday. The big 3-0 Wow! We are down with the cold up here too, hopefully it doesn't turn into the flu.

Page said...

I wonder if you saw us on the same friend we saw you? I saw you guys on Marylynn's blog, we are on PTA together. We would LOVE it if you guys came to Vegas, it's been a while and we would love to see you and your sweet little girl!

Marylin said...

Holy crap I get the worst friend award because I forgot to call you on your birthday, I thought about it the day before and I swear I still thought it was August until today when I looked at the calender! So Happy Late Birthday and I am right there behind ya in the big 30, I have to say I wouldn't mind it if I was actually turning 29 again!! :)

I agree that having the small camera for the purse is a must!! Let me know how it works!!

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday! It sucks to get old! Looks like a great time at the cabin!

Deanne Hill said...

It must be so nice to have a retreat like that! I'm so jealous! :) Nifty camera!