Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tears @ Claire's




A few days before Christmas Brady brought up getting Ellie's ears pierced, he was going to do it without telling me until a few people at work told him that wouldn't be such a good idea. I didn't care either way as long as I didn't have to do it. So while we were up North for Christmas, Brady mentioned it to his sister and nieces and the next thing I know we were on our way to the mall. Of course this was on Christmas Eve so along with all the last minute shoppers we ended up at University Mall. Brady took the responsibility and held Ellie while Holly, Brady's sister, was the professional photographer. Ellie did pretty good, however after the first ear she let out the loudest screech and everyone in the store turned and stared at us, I rethought the decision for a second, feeling like a bad Mom. I think Brady may have even shed a tear for Ellie. But by the time the whole thing was done Ellie was fine a few minutes later and had totally forgotten about the whole experience by the time we got to the car.

2 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Aren't you so glad you did it now. I have no regrets getting Ava's done. Ellie looks so cute and I think it makes them look so grown up.

Lesley said...

I feel your pain! We got
maci's ears pierced too! I was a total wuss and walked the mall. It is darling though.