Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy 2008!!


Every year for New Years my family goes up to my brother in laws condo in Brian Head, this year was no exception. We headed up to Brian Head on Saturday afternoon. We were with the first group to get there and inside was freezing. After getting everything turned on Brady and 2 of my nephews decided they were hungry and headed back to Cedar for Bajios. My sisters and I and the 2 babies went upstairs and tried to stay warm in one of the bedrooms. My brother, Shane, and his family arrived awhile later. By then it seemed to be getting warmer so we headed downstairs to start dinner. Well as soon as we started hot water started streaming out from under the dishwasher. When we first got there the water didn't work in the kitchen and we weren't sure what was wrong, well the pipe must have frozen the hot water circulating in the pipe unfroze and started leaking out of the wall. Good thing we were downstairs and all that flooded was the kitchen. A few trips up and down the stairs to turn the water off and we got the problem under control. Lucky Shane was there or I don't know what would have happened. The plumber came and fixed it that night. It was kind of an exciting start to the weekend. Brady had missed a lot with that short time to town.
Brady woke up the next morning with a horrible head cold and had to leave that morning, we were sad to see him go, but halfway down the hill he was already feeling better.
The rest of the weekend was quite relaxing. I spent most of the time playing with Ellie and her cousin Ryker, watching movies & football, and playing board games. My nephew Brady and I killed everyone in a great game of Cranium.
New Year's Eve was quiet and Ellie went to bed long before the New Year, but we had a great weekend with the fam.

2 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I can't believe that she is sitting up on her own. Ava sure is taking her sweet time doing everything.

Brook & Travis said...

I wish we would have had some snow for Christmas, that looks so fun! I have never been to Brianhead before, might just have to go! ps...the pictures of Ellie getting her ears pierced made me sad, but at least she won't remember any of it!