Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jo & Lo - The New Additions to our Family

Last Tuesday night I went scrapbooking with my friend Brook. While I was gone Brady decided to take Ellie out on a date. Well, I thought that meant the park or maybe McDonalds. NOPE, I was totally wrong and when I got home I had a BIG surprise waiting. 2 little parakeets in a huge cage. We had been discussing getting Ellie some sort of pet and birds were an option along with a bunny. So I was pretty shocked, but happy about the situation. We decided to name them Jo & Lo so that Ellie would be able to say their names.
Since then the birds have gotten a little more noisy, but Ellie just loves them. She says bye to them when we leave the house and good morning to them everyday. They are near the table and she talks to them as she eats. If you notice the locks in the picture, we had to put them on because she easily learned how to open the doors and we didn't want any birds escaping! However, I think she still scares them a bit. We love our new additions and hopefully now we can put off getting a dog for at least a year:)

4 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

Ohhh! They are so cute! What a fun idea! That's cute that Brady took her on a date! Don'tcha' love when Daddy's do cute things?

Kellie and Stephen said...

uhm ... I would rather have a dog than some noisy chirping birds but they are cute and I know Ellie must love them!

Unknown said...

Wow I think if I came home with birds brennan would shoot them lol but atleast ellie likes them ! =)

Marylin said...

Oh we loved our birds!! Just in case they didn't tell Brady when he got them, if they are being too noisy just cover up their cage with a dark cloth, it works wonders!!! We did it mostly at night. What a good Daddy, so cute!