Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Reunion

A few weekends ago, Brady, Ellie, and I went to my Dad's side of the family's reunion. After a little longer journey than we had anticipated we finally arrived at Pine Lake over near Bryce Canyon. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. Ellie loved wondering around in the dirt and managed to stay pretty clean. The only days activities were sitting around visiting, eating lunch, and then the fundraising auction. When I got home I realized I hadn't taken quite as many pictures as I would have liked.
This year my Dad and I put together family histories on this side of the family for our contribution. When I first volunteered for this project I am not sure I knew what I was getting myself into, I thought I was just going to be the editor, that then turned into the printer and assembler. After many hours spent on the project and 16 books later and 12 CD's the project was finished. I learned a lot about my ancestors as I read through each history. It made me appreciate the early saints even more than I already did.

3 comments:

Kellie and Stephen said...

Looks like wemissed out on a fun time. I'm way happy to see the books you and Dad put together, and even more happy I didn't have to do any of the work! haha...

Edwards Fam said...

Barrett never looks at anyone's blogs, not even ours! He was catching up the other night and checked out your blog and commented how cute Elle is! She really is--hard to believe we've never met her. One day...

Julie T. said...

Love the ponytail- so cute!!