Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Egg"citing Easter



Things were pretty low key at our house for Easter. Brady and I were asked to speak in church so much of the weekend revolved around us trying to finish our talks. I have had a cough and sore throat for the past few days and Friday Ellie started getting a runny nose, I assumed since she doesn't have teeth that was what it was. Well later in the day she started coughing and by Saturday morning she was one sick little girl. Her spirits were still high though, it's like she didn't know any better. This morning we got up and fed Ellie and then quickly had a look at what the Easter bunny had brought before church. She got a few new bath toys, some bubbles, Shrek snacks, and a new stride to ride lion. Our talks went quite well and church and our Bishop even asked us to speak at the convalescent center next Sunday. We came home to a not so traditional Easter meal of tri-tip steak, which was delicious. The rest of the night Ellie played with her toys in the bath and playing with the lion. Ellie loves it and by the end of the night she was getting pretty brave at walking with no help behind it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do I have a CUTE granddaughter or what!!!

Katrina said...

She is getting so big! I love the blond hair and the rosy cheeks. She sure is a doll. I wish that we coukld have heard your talks...I bet they were magnificent!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Ellie looks so big! I can't believe she is walking! One of these days Ava might actually attempt to do something...or not.