Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Last week Brady's sister, Holly, called and told us she wanted to come visit, but she wanted Brady and I to leave. She wanted Ellie all to herself, we couldn't refuse so Brady and I went to Zion Mountain Resort on Saturday night. When we went to check in we noticed the restaurant was closed from 5 to 7 for a private party. Well when we went over at 7 to eat and the food was not to impressive and super expensive, needless to say we were still starving. I knew Mt. Carmel had great pie so we went there and arrived 5 minutes to late so still hungry we drove another 15 miles to Kanab. We ate at Big Al's and spent $10 for the best meal ever. The one draw back was the drive back, it was a little long, and dark! I would recommend the little cabin rentals, they were great, but stay away from the food. Sunday morning we got up and drove back into Zion to take a few pics and then headed back to reality.

Ellie had a great time with her Aunt Holly and cousin Hailey. I think they might have spoiled her just a bit. They went shopping and got Ellie the softest and cutest pink bear that sings "You are My Sunshine" built just for her, and a new little outfit that matches her bear perfectly. She loves the bear and sucks on the ears as much as her mother will let her. We are still however trying to think of a name. Ellie loved hanging out with her Aunt Holly and cousin Hailey!

1 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. We are needing a little getaway so badly, I just need to bite the bullet and leave Ava, but I just don't think I am ready yet.