Tuesday, October 14, 2008

High School Tag

I got tagged by fellow cowboy Emily:)
1. Did you date someone from your school? Nope. I didn't really date anyone in high school.

2. What kind of car did you drive? When I first turned 16 I drove my Dad's old CJ 7Jeep, then we got nervous I would wreck it so I got a hatchback Mercury Tracer.

3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? No, I speed through a school zone, in my defense, there was a park between the road and the school. The second time my sister-in-law drove me to Pahrump (no appt. needed) and I passed. Imagine parallel parking in a church parking lot cuz thats the only place with sidewalks!!

4. Were you a party animal? not really

5. Were you considered a flirt? I wouldn't think so.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? neither

7. Were you a nerd? Other than good grades and yearbook I wouldn't think so.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was more of a supporter

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? YES, a group of us ditched school and decided to go up to Red Rock, well the park ranger pulled us over and sent us back to school, where we were suspended. My mom was on a trip so my Dad had to go to the meeting, where he told them the hard life we lived with early morning seminary and all that so neither Kellie or I got into much trouble! The other bonus we missed a few more days and got to hang out with our friends anyway!

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Our fight song was the theme from Magnificent Seven and yes I can still remember the tune!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? I would have to say Mrs. Lit.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? My first few years we went out to eat, until we got nutrition breaks and then we would hurry to 7-11 or just ditch and go eat!

13. What is your schools full name? Chaparral High School14. School mascot and colors? Cowboys, orange and black (yes, just like Halloween)

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? sophmore yr. Jeff Harbach, junior year can't remember, senior year Tyler Wharton

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, I had a great time while it lasted

17. What do you remember most about graduation? We had it and the Thomas and Mack Center and Mike Tyson came in and sat about 25 ft. away (his nephew was in my class)

18. Where did you go senior skip day? I can't remember but when we ditched we usually went to the Mohlers or off-roading.

19. Were you in any clubs? I did class committees and student council and yearbook.

20. Have you gained some weight since then? Oh yes.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? No I didn't attend I had just had Ellie and wasn't looking to hot.

22. Did you have a job while in high school? Yes, Gap, Bigelow Management as a file clerk

I tag anyone who wants to do a fun post....

3 comments:

Marylin said...

Love this one! Funny to read the ones of people that ya knew back in the day!! :)

Emily B said...

I totally forgot about your Tracer hatchback. Who was Mike Tyson'a nephew?

Amanda said...

Oh I like these HS post - they totally make me laugh! I remember getting pulled over at Red Rock when we were ditching and getting RPC'ed. I don't think that I got in trouble from my parents either-- the perks of being a youngest!