Monday, October 13, 2008

Broken AC, broken bones, Bunko, and a visit from CALI!

On Conference Sunday we had the back door open most of the day so Ellie could wander around outside while we listened to conference. After the late session I started to pick up the toys and do the dishes and I started to get really hot. I went and checked the temp, but it said 70, but it didn't fell anything close to that. Well, Brady went outside to check and we found ice all over the cables! Luckily, with a little space heater we were able to defrost the lines and it wasn't anything big!! I guess with the door open our AC was working over time and just froze up.On Tuesday I called my parents to see what was going on, well my Dad answered and said he had thrown his back out hunting the weekend before and that my mom was at the hospital with a possible broken wrist. My Mom has bowled every Tuesday morning for as long as a can remember (years) and I guess she slipped on the lanes and fell and ended up with a seriously broken wrist. Today she had surgery to get a plate put in and hopefully she will be back to bowling soon:)

Wednesday our group had bunko down in Moapa, so Ellie and I drove down to play and then headed to Vegas for the rest of the w
eekend. This year we are having themed night so last night we dressed up, it was super fun and I got to try out most of Ellie's costume!
The rest of the weekend we played with cousins, went shopping, enjoyed some great restaurants, and made sugar cookies. My sister Kim flew in from San Fran for a few days and we loved having her. She sure knows how to spoil Ellie and Ryker.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ellie's (partial) costume is SO adorable!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Yeah for Aunt Kim and her spoiling of our children! Ryker and I love when she comes to visit. Ellie looks too cute in her new skirt and hat.

Emily B said...

I also love Ellie's costume. And I love Kim's haircut.

Emily B said...

Oh, and I hope your mom and dad are okay.

Page said...

Sounds like a very busy week, busy but fun. Hope everthing is okay with your family.