Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ER Visit

Last night I had to go visiting teaching and then to a jewelery party. I left Brady home with Ellie happily playing in the backyard. During VT I had left my phone in the car and when I got back in the car I had 10 missed calls from Brady including a text stating "i think i broke my elbow."
So I hurried home and found Brady in quite a bit of pain and Ellie happily playing with her toys.I guess he had gone out back to play with Ellie and kicked the football over the fence. He climbed up on the wall and a piece of the cinder block gave way and he fell off the cinder brick wall (6ft) onto the rock wall (8ft) and then onto the cement. Apparently Ellie was quite worried and ran right over to see how her Daddy was, but wasn't much help in going to get the phone.
Anyway we spent the next 1.5 hour at the ER. With a few x-rays on his ankle, wrist, and elbow we left with a splinted arm and a possible fracture (x-rays were inconclusive due to swelling). Ellie did really well and so did our brave patient. It should be an exciting next few days at the Flygare house.
Stay tuned our 100th post is next and you won't want to miss it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Brady that's what happens when a 30 year old tries to climb fences :-) Glad it wasn't more serious.
Keep us updated!
Love, JaVan

Kellie and Stephen said...

I can't help laughing at the thought of Brady falling off one wall, hitting another one and falling again. Hope he feels better soon!

McGinnis Family said...

Oh gosh! That sounds very painful! Dang it! What an eventful night for you and your family! I hope Brady gets feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

lol does make you want to giggle but i bet it hurt, and maybe for now on he should play inside with ellie on vt night lol..i hope you feel better brady!

Lesley said...

Oh that is so brutal! Keep us posted!

Ainsley said...

i really like javan's comment, haha. poor ellie having to take care of her dad. hope brady starts feeling better!

Marylin said...

Oh man that stinks!!! Something like that always happens to me when I leave my cell in the car (on rare occasion). I hope it heals fast! Can't wait for number 100! :)

Page said...

Doesn't Brady look Fabulous in a hospital gown!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Oh my gosh, he must have been freaking out with you not being there! I am glad Ellie took it okay. Hope he is on the mend.

Brook & Travis said...

Glad Brady is ok and it's not too major! Love the ER pictures, how funny that you remembered to take your camera! Thanks for watching Lauryn today!