Thursday, July 17, 2008

Terrific Thursday

Before Brady left for work today he asked if I wanted to meet him for lunch, of course I agreed who would pass up lunch. We went to our usually place Bajios! I have been a big fan until I noticed a lot more $$ for less of a salad and no more free meal cards:( I guess we will be hitting up Cafe Rio more often. Anyway, after lunch Brady said he needed to stop by Rebel Sports to pick up something for work. Surprise!! We really went there to pick out some new running shoes for me. I started running a little over a month ago and I am hoping to run more than 2 miles tomorrow in my new shoes. This might not sound like much to you, but this is a BIG milestone. Before this crazy idea I could barely make it a block without dying! Thanks Brady you are the best husband ever & I love them!!

10 comments:

Deanne Hill said...

I'm proud of you for running 2 miles! I couldn't do that right now! Do you have any plans for future races? :)

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Gotta love a new pair of shoes! Good luck tomorrow.

Nunya said...

Haycock! So good to hear from you! Congrats on the running. A word of advice on the running; when you get tired, talk to yourself and say things like "One foot in front of the other" or "I think I can, I think I can." The other suggestion is to daydream and problem solve when you run. Also, great shoes are important and expensive. Next time you come to Vegas, swing by Redrock Running Company (On Cheyenne in between Buffalo & Tenaya). They analyze the way you run and make recommendations based on how you land and how much you run and what not. Final suggestion, pick a race, set a goal, and go for it. Again, good to hear from you.

Josh

Lesley said...

Yahoo! Isn't it so fun? Good for you!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Maybe if Stephen bought me new shoes I could finally get into running with you - but probably not.

Marylin said...

What a sweet husband!! That post reminds me I need to get back to the gym!! :) I am impressed with your 2 miles, don't mind all the running snobs out there hee hee!

About Me said...

Thanks for the support, I did make it 2 1/2 miles yesterday with the help of Brady so YEA! I am training for a 1/2 marathon in October! Now we will see how training goes while on vaca!

Julie T. said...

Ya, I'm with Kellie. . . even if I had brand new shoes it wouldn't help me!!
Brooke, your family is so cute! That is awesome that you are going to run a half marathon.

Our Crazy Life said...

Email me your email address, I am going private...mdominguez88@mvdsl.com

Emily B said...

Good for you, Brook. I'm with Julie and Kellie - I wish I had the motivation to exercise.