Friday, June 20, 2008

Aunt Nat's Visit

My oldest sister Natalie had this week off of work, so she decided to come and visit us. She came up from Vegas on Tuesday when we went to the park downtown, Ellie was crawling around the water with her butt up in the air, it was pretty funny. Then we went and ate at 25 Main Cafe, if you haven't been yet you are missing out, especially on the cupcakes!!Natalie wanted me to help her cut out squares for a denim quilt she is working on and I wanted her to help me fix a dress that I had made for ellie.So Wednesday we went to JoAnns and after finding some cute fabric I decided to make a couple other cute dresses for Ellie. The pattern said super simple make in 1 hour, well not so it took us triple the time it was suppose to take. It also turned out a little big, Ellie might be able to wear it next year. Thursday we finished up the other dress and one for Ellie's bear. We had a great time and enjoyed having Natalie spend a few nights with us!! Thanks a bunch for the dresses!!

8 comments:

Ainsley said...

those dresses are so cute. can you make one in my size :) i love how the bear even matched!

Brook & Travis said...

Love the dresses, great job! I liked reading your ABC Tag too, I'll have to do it! Thanks for hanging out today, hope Ellie took a long nap for ya! She's so cute!

Unknown said...

Wow brook you are becoming a crafty wife i'm jelous! lol the dresses all look so cute great job! oh and thanks for the tag! =)

Lesley said...

Very impressive. Your sewing skills are sweet!

Emily B said...

Natalie's awesome. I still want her to date my brother. You're quite the domestic diva, Brook. I really want to learn how to sew.

Deanne Hill said...

Brook! You are so talented! I love the dresses! You seriously have to give me classes! :)

familiesarepriceless said...

Your little girl is so cute Brook. I just love this blog stuff. It keeps everyone in touch. How have you been?
Brandee

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Your little girl is so cute!! She is getting so big. I love the dresses...and I love reading your blog. I have been so out of touch recently but it was fun to sign on and see all the posts. I hope everything is going well!!