Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big Boy Bed

After our trip to Vegas, Cooper was taught how to climb out of the pack and play. I figured it was no big deal and didn't worry to much about. Well after we got home guess who started crawling out of his crib??? I put him down for a nap and went downstairs to get something, the next thing I knew I heard this loud crash and the floor shake right up above me. I knew it only meant one thing...COOPER had ESCAPED the CRIB!!! Well I put him back in and he just continued to crawl back out and go stand by the door and cry and cry, after awhile i just gave up and let him out. That night same thing happened until we finally put him in our bed. After about 2 days of this and a rather grumpy child. Cooper normally loves his sleep and wants plenty of it.

 I went to the trusted internet, there was plenty of advice, crib tents, and ways to help your child stay put, but we decided to take the front off.  I wasn't to sure, I mean he wasn't even two yet and Ellie never crawled out or wanted out for that matter. I think she would have stayed in forever if she didn't get booted because of Cooper. 
However, Cooper loves his new bed and the first few naps he would get out and play, but eventually lay back down and fall asleep. I'm guessing once he was out, he couldn't get back in and didn't know what to do with himself to fall asleep. We haven't had any problems since, except for once when i cracked the door to check on him and bumped him with the door. 
 AAWWW i love it, apparently he felt he needed a bum change before his nap:)

0 comments: