Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moving on UP!!

Last week we decided to try Ellie out on her big girl bed, I was a little hesitant and didn't think she would stay. Boy was I wrong. We had to peek in a few times, because who doesn't like looking at books in the dark! About 20 minutes later she was zonked and didn't move the rest of the night. However, nap time was a bit more tricky and she had to go back in the crib the first two days, but now she goes right in and plays for a minute and eventually falls asleep.

It was so funny Sunday after church she came ho
me, took off her dress, headed right for her bed, and 2.5 hours later she emerged. Guess she knows what is suppose to happen Sunday afternoon:) I sure miss the few extra minutes in the morning and after her nap before I went to get her in the crib. But now I am greeted by her smiling face bright and early every morning.The last few nights Cooper has slept until 5am so we decided to was time for a change. Cooper has hated his bassinet since the first day we brought him home. He instantly wakes up whenever you put him in. We tried putting a pillow in it and that helped for awhile. Now he insists on sleeping on his tummy and only sleeps in the middle of our bed. I know I said I would never do it, but a person needs sleep!! Last night we put him in the crib, since Ellie is done with it and he slept so peacefully!! He woke up once for a bottle at about 3 and then went right back into bed. It was so nice sleeping without worrying about rolling over on him!! I guess he just loves the comfort of a soft mattress and not the confinement of the bassinet.

My kids are getting so big so quickly, next up learning to roll over & the dreaded Potty Training:)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

woohoo ellie! good job on he big girl bed!