Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Last Wednesday morning we headed up to Orem to celebrate Thanksgiving with Brady's family. On the way Ellie started to get a little restless so we stopped in Fillmore and played a round of 9 holes. We were the only ones on the course I guess no one else likes to golf when it is 40 degrees!! Ellie loved every minute, she carried around extra balls and followed Brady wherever he went. She also loved just running around and screaming. Then she took a nice long nap the rest of the trip YEAH!!!
Thursday we had a lovely Thanksgiving, Ellie took a nap during dinner so we actually got to enjoy the meal. That night Brady's sister and I stopped at the sale at Michaels and I scored 3 new cricut cartridges for the price of ONE!!
Friday morning Brady and I decided we wanted to hit the sales. We had done it before and it payed off so we thought what the heck. We left Ellie asleep with her Aunt Holly and headed to Toys R Us at 4:30 AM. Well that was a HUGE mistake, the line was wrapped around the building and like 5 people across. It was also raining by then so I wasn't getting out of the car. We decided to try Wal-Mart instead. The parking lot was full (but when isn't it) so Brady dropped me off and I headed to the toy section. They had all the doorbusters in the aisle so I was a little worried with all the people. However, once I made it to the toys, completely empty!! I found the few things I needed and met back up with Brady and headed for the checkout, which looked just about normal for Wal-Mart. We bought our items and were in and out in about 35 minutes!!!! We also met Brady's sister at Office Max for a few items and then were back home by about 8:00!! And now our shopping is nearly done, all that is left is stocking stuffers!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh good I wasnt the only crazy one out shopping! I had a great time and lots of good deals!

Emily B said...

I was in St. George for Black Friday. I kept thinking, maybe I'll see Brook. We got some great stuff. But I will only do Black Friday in Utah. Everyone was so polite. I can just imagine how it is in Vegas. I'm sure people turn into animals.