Thursday, March 29, 2012

THE Color RUN.LV

I had heard a few things about The Color Run and then it kept popping up on facebook and the internet so my friend Rachel and I decided to sign up and run with a team my sister Natalie was on. It turned out to be a really fun race and not competitive at all. At one point a group jumped in an empty shopping cart and ran a few blocks:) I think we even passed a few racers and that never happens!!!

 Before the Race
The premise is a 5k and at each 1k you run through a group of volunteer's throwing colored powder at you. It was a little hard to breathe, the purple had a Grape Kool-Aid taste to it and quite a haze, but it was fun. At the finish line they had a countdown then all the participates threw their color packets in the air. It was fun and we came out looking crazy. It was a really fun race and I am so signing up for it again next year.
I got purple powder dumped in my shoe
 After the Race Rachel and I
 Missing our other teammate...Kaden Mitchell
 Natalie, me, & Toni
 A pink bomb went off in my hair, and yes my scalp was dyed pink for a few days, including during my YW's lesson on Obeying your Parents.
 My shoes still color run'd up after a few weeks

0 comments: