Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Here comes December...

I have a few posts that I need to get written before we get to far into December, but I need to learn to transfer pics from my phone, hopefully tonight! PS There are a ton of pics, sorry:)On to this post though. Last week before we left for Thanksgiving we started getting things ready for Christmas. Monday night my parents were in town so we decided to carry up the tree and get it decorated. Ellie was so helpful when putting up the ornaments. She put about 15 ornaments in a 6 inch area. It was pretty funny. She is now pretty good about leaving it alone, except 1 jingle bell that she keeps moving around. So funny.

Since we moved this year, we decide to upgrade our lights and buy some new LED ones. We went to a few places and then decided Costco was our best bet. We had been out a little longer than planned so we stopped at 5 Guys Burger & Fries for dinner. As soon as we walked in I took Cooper and Ellie over to sit down while Brady ordered. A minute later he came over and pointed at a guy by the soda machine and told me it was Luke Staley. I was like okay, I had no clue who that was, apparently he was the greatest BYU running back. He and his family ended up sitting next to us and Brady chatted with him for a few minutes during dinner. I couldn't believe how HUGE his arms and legs were!!! After his short visit Brady was even more pumped for the big game Saturday!!Then Wednesday night we went out and started getting the lights up, we had a few difficulties and ended up not being able to turn them on until we got back home after Thanksgiving. However, Ellie enjoyed herself and was a big help to Brady. As he pulled the plastic bulbs off the string he would throw them onto the grass and Ellie would collect them all in her box! I think she was confusing putting up Christmas lights with collecting Easter Eggs. She is pretty fearless and climbed right up the ladder with Brady numerous times, it made her Mom a tad bit nervous, but she could have cared less. Next year she probably won't be happy until she makes it onto the roof. Cooper just liked the fresh air. Now our house looks lovely and is ready for Santa to come.

1 comments:

Emily B said...

Hey! I actually know Luke Staley. He was a player while I was there. That was a long time ago. How funny that Brady recognized him. Such a fan.